Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Technical Advisor
We are seeking an individual interested in joining our team as a Technical Advisor.
You will be a member of a team with the joint responsibility of compiling descriptions of SR&ED activities for inclusion with tax credit claims. You will provide clients with timely and responsive services and related work product. You will demonstrate an understanding of the basic tax concepts involved in the work; be able to discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management; keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations; thoroughly and accurately analyze information. You will also prepare practical and creative solutions to the client’s tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions; share tax planning ideas with others; participate in and contribute to achieving team goals; assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans; and assist in making quality decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
To be considered for this position a candidate must have:
- Experience in preparing SR&ED tax credit claims or in working for the CRA auditing SR&ED tax credit claims
- Strong technical background that would include a graduate degree in a field of science or technology
- Good knowledge of costing principles
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the taxation aspects of SR&ED tax credit claims
- Desire and capability/skills to effectively and efficiently manage client expectations and multiple on-going client projects
- Willingness to assume significant responsibility, ownership and accountability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively and comfortably with both internal and client personnel of all levels and disciplines
- Outstanding communication skills to be able to effectively and articulately communicate instructions, issues, project status, and technical matters
- Excellent technical and persuasive writing skills, as well as, strong editorial capabilities.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint