Trying to determine eligible R&D activities in the food and drink industry? Braithwaite Canada has you covered with a list of some eligible activities to consider when filing your next R&D Tax Credit Claim.
Examples of eligible R&D activities:
- Developing a totally new product and/or packaging;
- Designing, developing and / or improving manufacturing technology and processes;
- Reducing the risk of spoilage / waste / contamination;
- Changing the properties of drink or foodstuff for health reasons whilst maintaining same taste / appearance / smell / texture;
- Modifying either the formulation or process of a product to enhance its shelf life appreciably;
- Developing the process to achieve consistent distribution of particles through a liquid product, whilst still meeting nutritional and clean-declaration requirements;
- Extending knowledge on the effect on appearance and organoleptic properties of product over life when exposed to different lighting with different packaging;
- Extending knowledge on the effect of different fermentation dough techniques on bread crust shelf life;
- Improving systems of e-business, e-ordering or e-logistics;
- Resolving technical problems with production processes due to seasonal variation;
- Introducing new or improved production techniques which significantly increase the speed of production.
Braithwaite Technology Consultants Inc can assist you in obtaining tax credits for research and development activities. Whether your work involves basic research, applied research, or experimental development, Braithwaite can take the uncertainty out of the filing process and get you the credit you deserve for your innovation.
For a detailed evaluation of the food and drink industry, please contact the professionals at Braithwaite today.