Business Development Manager: Posted January 13th, 2020
The SR&ED tax credit is an important financial instrument for qualifying Canadian companies. The successful candidate will be involved in creating a portfolio of clients and maintaining client relationships. This will include developing sales leads, contacting companies, arranging appointments with prospective clients, delivering presentations, winning contracts in a professional manner and assisting the team at Braithwaite in all sales and marketing activities. You will demonstrate an understanding of the basic tax concepts of an R&D tax credit claim and keep informed of current R&D tax developments. This will be a client-facing role and the successful candidate will deal with many of the country’s most innovative and exciting companies.
- Growing our existing client base as well as developing new business opportunities
- Sourcing of new business leads, establishing and building a quality client portfolio
- Negotiating contracts with prospective clients and managing the relationships
- Upholding Braithwaite’s strong reputation in a polished, professional way at all business meetings, events, and client interactions
- Report weekly CRM activity, appointments, calls, proposals, and sales to manager
- Being proactive and using initiative to attend on-going networking events
We are looking for a highly motivated, tenacious and resilient Sales Professional with a demonstrable track record of new business sales development. Someone comfortable presenting at all levels with clients ranging from small firms, through to the largest of Blue Chip corporations. You would also have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Other core attributes:
- Display solid business acumen and commercial awareness
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to project a professional image
- A self-motivated individual who possesses a good work ethic and who has a strong drive and desire to be successful
- Educated to a degree level, preferably in business or finance
- 5+ years’ experience in Business-to-Business Sales to Board/Corporate Director level
- Proven experience of selling professional advisory services to Managing/Financial Directors in a field of science and technology
- Proven Sales Track record
- Knowledge of R&D tax credit would be advantageous, however, someone with a willingness to learn the basic tax concepts of R&D tax credits is required.
- A Technical or Financial and Professional Services background would be desirable.
- A driver’s license is essential and must be flexible with travel throughout the Province of Ontario
- Generous and competitive base salary with bonus package, holiday entitlement, auto mileage, all travel costs
About Braithwaite/Why should someone want to work for Braithwaite Technology Consultants?
We are one of the world’s largest independent R&D Tax Credit consultancies. Our reputation is based on ethical practices and integrity in delivering our services. Our specialized staff is well versed in taxation law. We have clients in Canada, the UK, Ireland, and Brazil. Internationally, we have recovered over $1 billion, in approximately 16,000 claims, over 30 years. Our single focus allows us to develop deep knowledge without the influence of competing for organizational goals.
Our scientists and engineers frequently uncover valuable opportunities that others have missed. Often companies have qualifying expenditures not usually considered R&D, leaving money on the table. Our professionals know exactly what to look for and where to look, thus not tying up valuable staff time.
How to Apply: